Support Sky Harbor Coalition
The Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is a major component of the metropolitan Phoenix and Arizona economies, creating jobs, income and revenues both at the airport itself and in the communities it services. Sky Harbor provides economic access to the markets of the nation and the world, making the "Valley of the Sun" a prime destination for both business and pleaseure travelers. In fact, Sky Harbor provides a $20 billion per year economic impact. As a result, valley businesses and residents interested in the continued success of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport formed the Support Sky Harbor Coalition.
The Support Sky Harbor Coalition, formed in 2002, is a non-profit 501(c)(4) organization. The Coalition strives to educate the public about the economic benefits and quality of life advantages Sky Harbor brings to the people of Arizona and is dedicated to supporting the continued development of the airport and the enhancement of its existing operations. As the Greater Phoenix metropolitan area continues to grow, it is extremely important that we support the vital services and growth of Sky Harbor, which serves the traveling public and goods.
The Support Sky Harbor Coalition’s activities can include:
- Coalition building to support the Sky Harbor International Airport
- Community outreach and engagement
- Outreach to businesses and elected leaders
- Sponsorship of neighborhood tool trailers used during annual Coalition neighborhood cleanups and by neighborhood associations throughout Phoenix
- Provide support for area organizations, including the USO and New Pathways for Youth
- Coalition activities, events and programs where members can share views and learn from Sky Harbor decision makers
- E-mail bulletins and alerts
- Relevant research
- Protecting the airport from those who want to limit it, move it or take it over
If you are interested in maintaining Sky Harbor’s success and supporting its continuing progress please consider joining us. Sky Harbor is the state’s largest economic engine and the Support Sky Harbor Coalition represents it well.